Friday 23 April 2010

the wonder of tracing paper....

23/4/10

using coloured acetates..... on original black and white photo was proving problematic



as you can see here, the colour hardly stands out at all....and so will not be effective enough to 'brighten' the mood of the animation once the action starts to take place, which is the whole idea.

POINT TO NOTE - the image here is the wrong way round - must remember this when scanning as opposed to photocopying. However, as it's only an experimental thing, it doesn't matter too much in this scan. I won't be using the scans in the final piece.

So... having done this before in a previous project, I photocopied the orginal photo background through tracing paper. This was OK but still a little too dark so I copied it again using a lighter setting and this was what I was after:-



Now I had to layer the coloured acetates over this 'lighter' image to see how they came out and if the colour would show up more strongly.




this became more successful as the full-colour layers were scanned in...




So, I will start off with the dark, original image, add the colour acetates for a few frames. I will then remove the dark image and transpose the lighter one, adding in the varying degrees of colour in stages. I will probably have to cut up the acetates in half and introduce the red and yellow colour from each side, right and left, trying not to disturbe the top layer acetate (the one with the rabbits on.. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment