Friday 30 April 2010

not getting to grips with.......small needs to be smaller!

30/4/2010

I'm going to have to think of something more solid to fix the gorilla grip to = the handles/bar of my trolley moves around too easily and I keep getting the trolley in shot. Also, the gripper is not staying put, no matter how hard I try so I'm liable to move the camera from shot to shot which ruins the continuity. It's a shame but I'll persevere and find alternatives.



you can clearly see the side of the trolley in the above frame. Everything is so time consuming but I must remember to check the frame before shooting - EACH time.

I bought smaller wax and coloured crayons yesterday as the others were too large to compliment the rabbits and move about easily. However, once the rabbits were in place, even these crayons were too big. I've decided to use only 3 rabbits so that the two outside ones are the ones which take the crayons and point them at the middle one.



It's not easy to move the crayons about without moving the rabbits out of sequence. In fact, I was getting really wound up by it (surprise surprise!). It's very painstaking, this type of animation. Because you have to move all the pieces, it's toally tactile and totally prone to loss of complete control over them. The acetates mean that the background images move about a lot, in spite of being blu tac'd down where possible. Again, I must remember to 'register' everything and be as gentle as possible when moving the pieces. It requires the utmost patience and care, this hands on approach.

Also - the crayons being too big mean it's not very effective trying to position them round to ended up in the rabbits' paws....



In this shot they look clumsy. These were the smallest crayons I could buy but I then thought of an idea. Cut them in half and turn them into mini crayons that would suit the size of the rabbits more and give a bit more space for manouvre.



This works a lot better. I will still have to use a tiny amount of blu tac to keep them in place, but at least I'll have more space around them when moving them.

I want the two outside rabbits to colour in the middle one towards the end. To do thsi easily I will use coloured pastels to do the actual colouring. They're easier to make marks with than wax or crayon which would move the rabbit around too much I'm sure.



I would keep the rabbits still and just keep adding more colour slowly, shot by shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment