Sunday 21 March 2010

Rabbit cut-outs

20/3/10

Inspired by a children's book 'Not A Box' by Antoinette Portis I decided to experiment with a rabbit cut-out figure and try to animate that. To say it took a long time is an understatement!! It's a very fiddly process but effective once in place.



To keep the pieces together I used thread, with a small knot at the end of it.



To keep the threads secure use sticky tape on the reverse side, making sure the limbs are still movable



I put the character on the black and white photograph I had used before and took a series of photographs - around 26 in total. I used three different 'rabbit' cut-outs, to show different position and emotions.

This first piece represented the sad character - bored, isolated



Text is gradually introduced - Bored, Lonely?



Then suggestion to improve things - something fun and creative to do



The rabbit character is starting to look up and take notice
He then jumps down off the box - a new rabbit has to be cut out for this



Once off the box the character cut-out changes again - all smiles - and text introduced



At this point I would probably start putting a colour wash on the photograph or try to introduce colour into the background.

From one side comes another rabbit - new friend...





by now pencils have been introduced - real objects - I would add in wax crayons etc..and start putting in drawings, craft pictures etc and LEAP logo and information.

Will see if I can put this into Movie Maker...






















No comments:

Post a Comment