Friday 19 March 2010

bits and pieces - 18/3/10

I've been trying to upload the Megan Photoshop animation since Monday and for some reason it won't do it. I've compressed the file to 39mb which should be small enough but it's not having any of it. Opened up that post today via my laptop at home and it shows the video still uploading and I can't take it off - even though I've deleted it in Edit Html!? It still shows Video Processing instead of Upload Video......What's going on?

Today I trawled the charity shops in Beccles to look for small plastic toys with movable parts and came up with these - total cost - less than £1! bargain......



Each piece has movable arms and head so let the fun begin!


I set up the three pieces against a plain background -not easy to get the space in my room and had to set the camera on the edge of the table so it was in the same place for each frame. I then took photos of the pieces, moving them just a little between each one. As there were three of them it was easy to forget what I'd done the frame before so I was constantly checking on my camera.




This is just the first 10 of 24 frames.


I looked through the programmes on my laptop that might help me animate and found WinDVD Creator. It looked as if it was set up with a frame time line so I gave it a go....


Firstly, imported all the photos taken of the figures and put them onto the timeline. Unfortunately the minimum time per frame was 1 second and I couldn't find another way to speed them up so it doesn't look that great as an animation - too slow! It's more like a storyboard.... Have been trying for the last hour to print screen this document but it will not copy into anthing from WindDVD Creator - really frustrating! Saved as TIFF...no good either - can't upload here. Tried prnt screen into Photoshop..nothing! You'll have to take my word for it. Will try and upload 'movie'




Tried -too big... not sure how to compress Will try in Movie Maker!!
Just tried to access Windows Movie Maker from laptop - error messages coming up - no real detail so bang goes that idea for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment